First day of Thai massage course 9am until 4pm.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 23rd 2013
Published: December 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today was my first day at massage school. As its the Xmas holidays there are just two of us in the class so they are quite intense classes. The other girl is called Katrina, she is from Germany and herds and counts cows in the mountains in Germany for a living. The teacher is called Pop. Today we started with a prayer to King Rama 1, then a prayer to Buddha and then a prayer to the doctor of Thai massage. We then cleaned our feet and got ready to learn massage.

We did hand-knee exercises and meditation as a warm up. We learned the hand and sitting position in Thai massage. In the afternoon we learned and practised head massage, neck massage and shoulder massage. We also completed face massage with oil and back massage on side lying position.



Wow why didn't I discover Chiang Mai when I was a fresher at university! This is the place to party!! There are loads of clubs in this backpacker hub and it seems like all the twenty something's from every country in the world are here, trying to find themselves. Unfortunately I cannot take part at the moment. I gave up drinking Chiang beer last week after drinking it three times and each time after just having one small bottle I had a headache and nightmares all night. I tried Sing beer but it had a similar effect so now I'm just drinking lots of mineral water.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb