We are off!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 28th 2005
Published: April 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

Well, for those of you that read Chris "Iceman" McEwen's posts, you may be disappointed by mine. We have had our own unique Thailand experiences already, but nothing like the bad luck that guy has had. Hope you made it home alright buddy, we'll catch up to you in a few weeks. And thanks for the help the first few days.........you should see this guy......he runs this place.

Anyways, on to our stories.

When we first got off the plane after our 24hr trip, the heat and pollution were totally overwhelming. I have never felt anything quite like this, it is hard to breath and makes your eyes burn. Bangkok is absolute chaos and can only be handled for so long. We met up with Ice and April right off the plane at a bar on Koh San Rd. The food was cheap and the beers even cheaper. So, after quite a bit of both, we were quick to zonk out the first night.

Day two started by us going to the Grande Palace. Our cabbie kept repeating something that I still don't understand and before we knew it, we were about 30 min drive in the wrong direction. So, we got that straightened out and finally got to the Grand Palace only to find out it was a 10 min walk from our hotel. (1hr later!!!!!!).
Then it was off to a massive mall called the MBK. This place is like West Ed with a touch of a Mexican street market. They have everything you could imagine, so we'll be hitting that up on the way back to stock up on the goods. (Tag watches included Craw.....if its still there for the same price.....$60)

We caught the night train last night and after 13 hrs, we have arrived in Chang Mai. Way more bearable heat wise and actually a pretty amazing city. We found a guesthouse called Top North Guesthouse (thanks for the tip Greg/Cat!!) It is pretty decent accomodations with a pool, internet, bar, restaurants everywhere and the price was right at $12 CDN/night. We should be here for 4 or 5 days......going on two treks to hillside tribe, Muai Thai fight, Night Market, etc.

So, before this turns into a novel, I'll leave it at that for now. Besides some dude that looks like a chick that looks like a dude is lookin at me funny......so I'm out!!!!!!!

T & S


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb