Chiang Mai Day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 24th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Jeff & Tony 33 secs
2: Melanie and Gigi 26 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
We pretty much laid low in the morning today and planned our next day. In the afternoon we headed up to Tiger Kingdom (http://www.tigerkingdom.com/Home.htm). I think the pictures will tell the story, but it is one of the few places in the world where you can interact with the tigers. It was really an incredible experience, and they assured us they were insured and only have a few bites a year. Yes they have very big claws and huge teeth. The babies we interacted with were two to three month old, and very curious. Some people will think these tigers are drugged, but we did not feel that way at all. Cats sleep a lot anyway, and when they were awake they were playful. When they sleep, they are sound asleep.

After the Tiger Kingdom, we headed over to the orchid and butterfly farm. The flowers were beautiful. In the evening we went to a traditional Thai dinner and show. Their culture is hundreds of years old and there are many traditions and rituals that are quite interesting.

After dinner, we headed off to see some Mauy Thai boxing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai) . This sport is part of their culture. It starts out full of ritual, then they fight with incredible intensity for a few rounds. We never did see any judges rule on anything, the matches ended with either a knockout (which we say a couple) or the fighter throwing in the towel.

Needless to say, we (me especially) were exhausted after today. We got back to the room about 12 PM as we have a 8:15 pickup tomorrow for our next adventure.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th February 2011
Luck and Us

Great picture! Now that is living on the edge.
25th February 2011
Melanie an the big cat

They both look so calm and content...amazing.
25th February 2011
Jaylo sleeping...sure hope she doesn't wake up fast

LOL...This just makes me laugh.
25th February 2011

No tigers for me
Hmmm, I would enjoy all you did this day BUT no on the tigers.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb