3 Day Trek


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 25th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Thai goaly kicks the ball down the opposite end of the red dirt soccer/football pitch. Thai shaved head heads the ball skyward, tattooed Thai lad passes to Aussie lad, Aussie lad slots it behind the goaly with the left foot in the corner of the bamboo goals, followed by cheers and high 5's all round!

D-1 Trek- We {ME n Laura, Luke(UK), 2 other Germans gals, a Swiss couple & 5 frenchies) jumped in the Ute/taxi and drove 2 hrs with a stop at the market for supplies to a small village for lunch. Then we set off walking through the jungle for a few hrs, through bamboo, pine & banana forest till we arrived @ an awesome H2o fall to go & cool off under ( well needed after the humid heat of the jungle) Then we walked some more & arrived @ the camp for the nite. Then we had a good Thai feed, a few beer Chang's, some cards & a fire.

D-2 Trek- We set of after brekky through some top scenery, always changing thick jungle 1 min then pine forest then mountains then nothing but bamboo, bloody awesome! We stopped for lunch @ the elephant camp then had a 1 hr & a half ride on the elephant. ME n Luke got Noi a big beast with huge tusks that liked to be in the lead & we got to sit on his neck and steer him along (or try, he would constantly go of track to munch on some succulent leaf!) Pretty amazing stuff! Then a quick walk to a village for the nite, we explored, tried to communicate with the villagers, played soccer with the local lads, had a few beer Chang's, a fire, some traditional female dance, sing alongs & drumming then later that nite we went into 1 of the Thai lads huts to watch the English league live on telly! Good craic!

D-3 Trek- We had a later start ( good because most of us didn't get much sleep) then a few hour trek to a small village then a short drive to the rafting camp for lunch.
We had 3 of us & a local on a raft (10m long & 1.5m wide) so we poled our way down the river for nearly 2 hrs over little rapids, racing & sabotaging the other rafts, good fun!
then the 2 hr drive back to C.M
I had a really top time on the trek and would recommend it to anyone! 1800 baht (70 bucks) all food,accom & travel but extra for beers!
Big shout out to all my fellow trekking buddies, i hope you are all traveling well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



8th May 2006

craic
aaron pics,see you soon,scary
8th May 2006

craic
aaron pics,see you soon,scary

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb