2nd February 2011


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 3rd 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday William!!

Firecrackers went off at 8.30 and 9am outside our room - we were awake anyway! Maybe they were for Chinese New Years Eve.

Met Molly and Ryan at The Corner restaurant for breakfast. Had a walk around a small market - meat man with a cleaver hacking away at body parts for all to see, interesting display of vegetables and herbs and fish lady banging fish on the head five times before opening them up and scooping out under the gills with a spoon. Outside the market two men were bashing a dry asbestos roof down without masks or protective clothing and letting the asbestos dust fly around for the public to breathe in as well, absolutely bonkers!!!

Went to Haem Phen for an extra hot lunch, two people full of wonderful food and beer for five pounds. Then we had a LARGE fruit shake for 40p, full of fresh fruit off of a stall.

We then rode to a shopping mall, Central Airport Plaza and lost Molly & Ryan so went back to our favourite bar, Euro Diner. Buying souvenirs at the mall didn't appeal as everything is cheaper at the Night Bazaar. Molly and Ryan caught up with us at the bar and we had dinner in the Mexican restaurant, Burritos by the canal. This has a very good atmosphere and food, although very noisy when full.

It is Molly and Ryans last night in Chian Mai, they are getting the slow boat to Laos tomorrow and we are going to eat less!! Bon Voyage you two, we've had a fun few days - Cheers xx

Advertisement



4th February 2011

We had a quiet day for Willy's bday. He looks good in his t shirt, thank you. Panda had her jabs and coped really well. We have an ice cream maker niw so will make you some lovely ice cream when you get home. Lots of kisses from us and enjoying the blog X X x x x

Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb