Thailand Day 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 23rd 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a fairly early rise we checked out and headed to the airport, traffic doesn't normally move very fast in Bangkok, but at 09:00 it doesn't move at all! After 15 minutes we'd progressed 200 yards. I think at this point our driver saw Red, the next thing we knew were weaving in and out of traffic, jumping red lights, scaring the Hell out of pedestrians. I was liking this guy (even if he did play Dido!), the next thing we knew we were under and overtaking everything in sight. Even with the slow start we made the trip in 35 minutes, well under the quoted hour)!
The flight to Chiang Mai (though taking off an hour late) was uneventful, just a pity our hotel pickup left without us (looking at his job title, he must of realised he'd forgotten something). So after a Taxi ride we pulled up (behind are planned ride) at the Hotel Sirilanna. Wow, is probably the best way of describing this amazing hotel, all carved wood, stained glass doors and hand painted walls (no actually, it really is pleasant)! 
Early as it seems to make a rash statement, Chiang Mai is an amazing place. When you think of Thailand, you're thinking Chiang Mai. Friendly people everywhere, even when you say no to the Tu-tu's you still get a smile. The streets are filled with little shops and street carts selling food. Alright so you bump into a tourist at every corner looking at a map, but it's okay, they're couples, not drunken louts. Don't get me wrong they're still here, just tucked away in a bar with a Thai lass hanging on every word (as I said, think of Thailand...)!
After a few hours of walking within the Old City we got refreshed and went to the Night Market a 10 minute walk away. Again, wow, market stalls as far as the eye can see, and not just food stalls, they sold Everything, fake obviously, but everything nonetheless.
So, it's 22:30, what's the most obvious thing to de next, ah yes, a Thai massage in a little open air shop a few yards from the hotel. Now that's how to end a day!   

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb