Chiangmai Jun 10


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 1st 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

hot chochot chochot choc

while waiting for my long waited JETSTAR flight ......
Chiang mai....

This is my first visit to chiangmai....it was a very last minute decision.

We have a one wk free stay in one of the resort- bella vista resort, so we decided to utilize it by staying 4 nights there.

The resort is about 40mins drive from airport. It's a long journey.

Chiangmai is not a seaside place so we went on to visit the cultural side of Thailand.

We went to the cultural center to watch their traditional dances....some are nice ....some are xoxoxox... u can tell that they are just dancing for the sake of dancing for the tourists.....

That was what we did on the first night upon arrival. cost us about 1800bahts, including transport.

Then the 2nd day we visited the highest pt of Thailand...Doi Inthanon...... it was very cold up there.....16 degrees and I almost freeze.... Only could remember that the last king of SIAM is buried at the summit.

After the mountain trail, we continue the journey to visit the 2 temples that was each built during the king and queen 60th birthday. Gold is for king, purple is for queen as that is her fav
Royal Bali Resort Royal Bali Resort Royal Bali Resort

2 room villa - living room
color.

It was a long and tiring day.... cost us 4500 bahts including the transport...

On the 3rd day....not to waste our time...we went on to go for river cruise. .. whereby it stopped at a fruit farm for us to have some drinks and fruits....that cost.....another 900baht....

We also visited their pasar (night market) along the streets...nice food...nice performance :d

we thought we could save some $$ in this trip since the accommodation is free ( not realli free...we paid another 200 USD for the "upgrade" as their normal 1-villa is full....😞 ...)

but we spent more than we expected...tho on the positive side is...our flight to chiangmai was delayed for 7.5hrs (JETSTAR) and we manage to claim from insurance agency ( SGD400) ... phew...

Oo.... to save on the flight ticket, we did a transit in phuket.....during the 6 hrs transit back to Singapore....we manage to re-visit the lotus restaurant again! and that's where we realize...we are both a beach person...




Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Resort 1Resort 1
Resort 1

Outside view
River cruise 3River cruise 3
River cruise 3

nearby temple
River cruise 5River cruise 5
River cruise 5

Flocks of birds


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb