chiang mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 26th 2006
Published: April 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

not really been doing anything as exciting as the trek since we've been back in the real world but we rented a motorcycle and jetted around chiang mai on that feeling very pleased with ourselves! we could have stayed there for a long time, just doing nothing very much,,it was so relaxed after bangkok and china...our week consisted of big late breakfasts, temples and markets, late night chats with Mr. T and his crew in the Bob Marley shop, thai massages, big cocktails and lots of curry...we also managed to find a in use monastry which was completely deserted sitting on the top of a big hill that we happened to drive past looking for something else..i only managed to see because of a massive golden budda head sitting over the trees...
the main event was teaching mika how to ride the scooter which she learnt pretty well at about midnight in a deserted car park. the fun came when we arrived back at banana. i was a bit aprehensive about letting her drive on the road, but she assured me that she was fine ,next moment shes lost control of the scooter and shes hurtling towards a wall screaming, 'dave! dave! i can't make it stop! 2 reasons why she didn't hit the wall, 1) she didn't manage to get it out of 1st gear. 2) there were flower pots in the way so she smashed them and was hurled to the ground burning her leg on the exhaust and thus relinquishing her tight grip on the accelerator. shes fine except for the burn and a couple of bruises, she managed to smash the left wing mirror and scratch the bike up a bit but thats about it. i don't think shes going to be riding any time soon.

we got a coach back down to bangkok in preparation for the arrival of the boys from down under they arrive in about an hour but julian is amoung the 4 so any thing could happen. we shall see.....
dave.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

in 'good view' restaurantin 'good view' restaurant
in 'good view' restaurant

where the chef from south park sang live


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb