Ahh, relaxation in CM.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 13th 2010
Published: March 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We started off the day with sleeping in...something that is ALWAYS wonderful, right? Well, unless you have to be somewhere I suppose. But today we didn't, so it was glorious. We got up before 10 to eat breakfast at the hotel, and then took our time getting ready.

Around 11am, we ventured out...but not too far. Just around the corner from our hotel is a big spa called "RELAX EXPRESS". Sounds great, huh? It's pretty fancy though and looked much more legit than a lot of the little massage shops lining the main drag that probably come with a 'happy ending'. As neither of us had experienced a Thai massage before, we decided to go for it. I mean...we ARE in Thailand. We had to put on really sexy pajama-like clothing that was 'one size fits all' meaning it fit neither of us. Everything was falling off of me while it was barely fitting Martin. The massages were great, and unlike any massage we'd experienced before. The two tiny Thai women were climbing all over us!

After massages, we set off to find a vegetarian restaurant associated with the Elephant Nature Park. It was a bit of a walk from our hotel, but well worth it. I enjoyed a Northern Thai style curry that'd I'd never had before and was not at all disappointed.

We basically spent the rest of the day walking around Chiang Mai, eating and browsing. Around 7pm, we headed to the "Night Bazaar", one of the leading tourist attractions in town. It's a crazy maze of hundreds of vendors selling every touristy item you could ever want, and TONS of food. We ended up buying scoops of ice cream from a vendor and watching a young girl do some traditional Thai dancing on a stage in the middle of the 'food court' area.

We ended the night pretty early, as I'm starting to feel a bit of sickness come on and definitely don't want that to stop us from doing anything these last few days! Off in the morning for a cooking class. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb