I'm from England, get me out of here!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 15th 2010
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was toast, jam, pinepapple and watermelon - delish! We then got seperated up - Greg, Dan, Joe and us in one group, everyone else in the other. The others were only doing a 2day trek (the Danish couple were doing the 3 day, but they didn't really like it!) Ray took the other group, Chat took us. It was a pretty good day - I was dreading all that walking but we stopped so often that we probably only ended up doing four hours of walking.

We went past a small village shortly after setting off, for Chat to speak to the locals, take photos and have a little look around. The villagers were farming the land and one man came up to us and Chat with a bamboo tray. On it, there were fire ants and ant lavea. They offered it to us and we politley declined, however, Chat grabbed a few and down they went. Tasted like chicken apprently. Doesn't everything?

We stopped for lunch at a waterfall which immediatley was occupied by a man selling cold drinks and snacks and two typically Thai dogs. For lunch, we had been packed up with a little package - it contained noodles and veg and was neatley wrapped up in a leaf, tied with a strip of bamboo. Along the way before lunch, Chat had found a log and had decided to carry it - he only went and made chopsticks from the log for us to eat the lunch with!! We fed the remains to the dogs who wolfed it down - they were ravenous.

After lunch Chat produced some weed, went off and found a tribal bong, and the four of them sat inhailing that!! It was fairly impressive, in a way.

We headed back into the jungle, and kept walking. And walking. And walking... Until finally we came across a waterfall. Laura decided this time to go for a dip, however, I wasn't so keen and my sunburn from motorcycling was still very red. She swam and swam against the current till she reached the splash pool bit - very cool. More walking, and finally we got to our camp for the night. Compared to the first night, it was four star accomadation!! Proper matresses (on the floor) toilet complete with seat and a shower not a stream to wash in! Fantastic. Shortly after, another group turned up, consisting of Canadians (both French and the other kind), German and Aussies. We had dinner, and stayed at the table drinking by the fire, and decided to play cards. Many, many, many hours later, and many games of Blackjack, Gin Rummy (with fluctuating rules!) and Shithead later, we headed off to bed, to rest for the final leg of walking the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb