Noriko and Lauren


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 12th 2006
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The business students visited a garment factory while in Bangkok. Here we were given a tour of the factory and were walked through all the steps in making a knit shirt. It was amazing to see all the details of this process. We were able to see everything from the machines that sewed the thread into fabric, coloring the thread and fabric, and the assembly line for putting the shirt together, where each person specializes in one task (such as sewing on the collar, tag, sleeve, etc.) then passes it on to the next person and task, all the way until the shirt was neatly ironed, folded and placed into a box for shipping. So next time you’re shirt shopping, before you take that shirt off the shelf and unfold it, just take a second to think about the intricate process and hands that were required to get it there, looking just like that. Some of the students were concerned about the quality of a factory like this, but even though these may have seemed like tedious tasks the factory was in very good condition and the employees were all treated very well.

Lauren V.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.159s; cc: 8; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1mb