Thailand - Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Crossed into Thailand and headed for Chang Mai. At the moment i am travelling with Kristen who i met on the Gibbon Experience and on the bus we met another group of really nice people, in particular Pascal (extrememely funny guy from Quebec) and Erik (also very funny from Sweden).

Chang Mai is a really nice city with many great markets, in particular it has a brilliant night market. Great cheap street food too, tried my first Pad Thai and i am know addicted!!

On the second day we hired motorbikes and went for a drive in the surrounding countryside. It was so beautiful, we went up the mountain which had the most amazing views of the city. We stopped at a really peacefull coffee plantation on the mountain and had what was apparently really good coffee but i wouldn't know because i hate coffee so it tasted awful to me!! Then we did a little bit of off roading and went to a Hmong minority village which was interesting although the drive there was a bit scary as this was only my second time driving a bike and the first time i came off!!

Stayed in Chang Mai for a couple more days and spent them wondering the markets. In the evenings i have never seen so many prostitutes in one place they out number the men in the bars by about ten to one and as in the rest of south east asia it is difficult to spot the men from the women!! On one night Eric, Pascal and I managed to get very lost and ended up in the middle of a thai film crew who were shooting for a new thai movie, we offered our services as extras but were turned down but it was fun to watch!!

Then caught the minibus to Pai with Kristen and Erik


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

DSCF3228DSCF3228
DSCF3228

Survival of the fattest t-shirt
DSCF3227DSCF3227
DSCF3227

Chang mai at night


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb