Day 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 17th 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

A day of trekking


Well day 4 has been adventuresome. I have to live up to my reputation so as usual I pushed poor Mikey to the limit. Day started with 8.15am pickup then an hour's drive to what I told Mike was a very short "easy" walk through the jungle to a waterfall.
The walk to the waterfall was over an hour but not too strenuous. We stripped off and took a swim in the waterfall which was wonderful. My darling husband was gawking at two dutch girls swimming in their underwear. He exclaimed "its been a long time since I have seen young girls like you in their knickers"
Joke was on him - a bit later in the day they "came out" arm in arm etc etc
Next up the hill.....Short...NOT Easy also ....NOT... the poor bugger huffed and puffed. But I am proud to say he made it. One poor Korean woman collapsed but Mr Mikey made it!

Onward bound and on to 2 village visits, not too different from what we saw in Guatemala - same same but different

Next came the elephants, we ventured on a 1 hour ride on a beast with 2 very cheeky babies in tow.

Last but not least was rafting down the river, lovely, cooling and lots of fun. It was really the cheat's way with a person steering us, but hay it was still fun.

Pictures will be added later for this one.

Advertisement



23rd July 2008

sounds great but exhausting... take it easy on him Deb... you are planning to come home with him aren't you:)))))))))))))))))))?????

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb