Chiang Mai Cinemas


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 23rd 2008
Published: June 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wat Prathat Doi SuthepWat Prathat Doi SuthepWat Prathat Doi Suthep

http://www.terragalleria.com/asia/thailand/chiang-mai-area/picture.thai2457.html
Chiang Mai Cinemas Trip Entry: Jan 25th, February 1st.

Besides from Chiang Rai, another famous and timeless destination for the Northern region of Thailand is Chiang Mai. Some of the most visited destinations in Chiang Mai is Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, Doi Inthanon National Park, Mae Nam Ping, and the famous city itself. You can view more information you can visit the following websites listed below.

1. http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/

2. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/thailand/chiang-mai/

3. http://www.chiangmai-guideline.com/

The trip to Chiang Mai:

Our trip to Chiang Mai, was the same trip from the trip to Chiang Rai. We combined the two destinations because they were close to each other. However, we decided to stay in Chiang Mai for only two days because we’ve visited many times before. During our stay in Chiang Mai, we stayed in a local hotel called (name). It was a pretty good standard hotel there. I’d give it four stars because they even have wireless internet and their own spa service on the top floor and its only about 5 minuets to the night bazaar by local taxi.

During our stay, we didn’t visit much. We did visit places like Borsang village, you cannot take photos at this place because of all the craftsmanship artifacts they are selling. We also visited a candle shop called Bhan Benjawan Candle, it was actually a business meeting and we had dinner at the Khan Dok. Khan Dok is a Northern Thai traditional sit down place where you have to eat with your hands and there is always a traditional show shown during dinnertime. You must book in advance, it is always full. Our last day before heading down to Tak province we visited Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, which is certainly the most recommended place to visit when you go to Chiang Mai.

Vista Cineplex at Central Chiang Mai:

At first glance, the movie theater Vista Cineplex in Central Chiang Mai wasn’t much to look at although it has lots of character to it. There are two Central Department stores in Chiang Mai and both have movie theaters in them. However, the difference is the quality and service. The Central Department store near the airport location have Major Cineplex and they show movies in English sound track. The Major Cineplex at this airport seems up to standard to those in Bangkok. However, the Vista Cineplex at Central Department store in the city location wasn't too attractive and their shows are limited to English subtitles for locallof they made films.

When you first walk in to this Central department store at the city center, you could see movie postings and advertising every where. The theater is always located on the top floor. The Vista Cineplex movie theater is a low end theater. You wouldn't expect to experience what you saw in most high end theaters in Bangkok or even low end like Lido located opposite of Siam Paragon. However, there is a lot of characters to the theater's entry hall which makes it interesting. For example, Halls 1 & 2 has an Egyptian feel while the rest of the halls are more towards the American style movie theater. Vista does offer some movies in English and along with local films in English Subtitles. Because during the visit, there wasn't any interesting movies to visit so I decided not to watch. This is also a problem too, because Chiang Mai isn't a destination where you would spend your time in the theater, unless there was a really interesting movie to watch or you can't miss. Vista Cineplex, isn't the only theater in Chiang Mai.

Major Cineplex at Airport Central Department Store:

Major Cineplex here is just like Major Cineplex anywhere else in Thailand. However with a slight difference in decoration. Once you entered the ticketing line at this movie theater, you will notice the palm trees and wooden seats. There is one thing different though, when you look towards the ticketing booth, you will notice a childrens heights posts and lists of prices. Yes small children pay by the height, which is a pretty interesting concept. Either than that, the cinema is the same as those in Bangkok.

Advertisement



11th February 2010

Partying in Chiang Mai
I found a great site that tells you all the best pubs and dance clubs in chiang mai www.teochiangmai.com

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb