Chiang Mai, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last stop on our trip was in northern Thailand in the city of Chiang Mai. We spent our first couple of days cooking and staying at a rural resort owned by the cooking school's founder. We were surrounded by rice fields and farms which was great for a change of pace. Our stay included a 5 course gourmet meal prepared by the schools founder and chef who has several cookbooks and has made many TV appearences. It was a very special meal where each dish was described by the chef after he brought it to our table. After dinner we launched a hot air latern. It was pretty cool to watch it soar upwards, but it doesn't compare to the pictures we saw of the latern festival http://www.thai-blogs.com/media/lantern_1.jpg where thousands are released.

During the rest of our stay we relaxed and started searching for home comforts. This included 2 trips to the movie theater (Harry Potter and Transformers) which was conveniently located in the very modern shopping mall.

I apologise for not elaborating more, but I am honestly a bit blogged out and we have started our next adventure, apartment hunting in Chicago, when we return to the US.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb