thailand (chiang mai)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

well! we are outta laos (thankgod!), and in chiang mai, thailand. its a pretty wicked city with loadsa bars and markets. never run outta stuff to do. we spents a couple of days wondering around the night market and hitting the pubs with a canadian couple matt & christy, we met on the 'boat to hell'.
us, the boys and the canadians went to a muay thai boxing show, which initially i was pretty hesitant about. we grabbed front row seats and the boys said we may have to watch out for splatted blood and that we'd probably see legs snapped and other things. i felt sick at the thought and didn't really wanna watch and was on about how it isn't right bla bla. but it was actually quite tame, almost to the point of boring and i found myself thinking 'smash his bloody face in!'. i dont think i should go back.

that evening we returned home to a visitor of the hairy, black, 8 legged variety. of course ruairi let out a ned flanders shriek and demanded that i get rid of it. i used a belt, bottle and paper to capture it but couldn't take it outside due to having no clothes on. so i passed it onto ruairi who was also nuuude and the last sight i saw, was him running down the balcony corridor that is shared with 11 other rooms, throwing the entire spider, bottle, paper contraption on the ground at the end of the corridor, then running back with a fear in his face that would suggest that grim reaper was after him. all of this...nude.

we did a 3 day, 2 night trekking tour to the mountains of pai, in the north-west of thailand. bloody great trip! the first day however, (which i continue to suffer from), was pretty much 4 hours straight up a mountain. felt like i was walkin up the god-damn stairway to heaven. that evening we stayed with a local hill tribe called 'lahu' people. we got massages from the local women and the kiddies put on a little song and dance show. we slept in a bamboo hut untill ruairis mates started crowing at 4am. the following day was full on trek trekking. lotsa climbing, hopping, balancing, jumping over rivers and trees, heaps of fun. the 3rd day we did another elephant trek. this time was much better as we could feed the ellys and they seemed much better looked after and were able to breed. we went white water rafting which was bloody mad and bamboo rafting which was pretty boring.

apart from a few nights out with the people on our trek (lee, bobby & lydia), we took it pretty easy over the next few days (except for ruairi who rockclimbed for an hour). we said goodbye to the boys again and got on an overnight bus to bangkok.

cheers for the comments guys!

larry


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



17th June 2007

Two peas in a pod...
Thought it was about time to get involved, howz da lady poser straddling a log n huggin a tree- lookin da same as da lychee picker I think! looks like you been havin an awesome time.
18th June 2007

ruairi naked
Ruairi running around naked with a small furry animal. Now there is a sight thet I have seen before..

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb