Day 6 - Day 3 of Trek - Somewhere 2 hours north of Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up once again when the Roosters did and got ready for our final day of activities.

The local village had made us two bamboo rafts to float down the river. Cat, Rachel and I were on with Chai and the others were on the raft with Bun. I was quite thankful that we were with Chai as he is quite mild and not as hyperactive as Bun. It didn't take long before Bun was pushing people off the raft or being side-tracked by fishing whilst his group were trying to steer themselves through the rapids.

It was a very peaceful way to spend the last 3 hours of our trek, and I was just grateful that we didn't have to walk it.

We stopped in another village for lunch and then it was back into the pick-up truck to get taken back to Chiang Mai.

on arrival at our hotel we all jumped straight into the swimming pool and swam to the other end, where there was a sign "please shower before swimming" - we felt a little bad for about 2 seconds as we were probably the dirtiest people on the planet at this point but oh well...

For dinner we then went to the Chiang Mai cultural centre and had a buffet - the food wasn't near as good to what we had been given on tour, but we got to see some thai dancing and it was a nice relaxing way to end off our trek. - back in the hotel we had the best sleep ever!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb