More adventures!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody!!

Im in Laos! But im not writing about Laos today, as i want to give an account of my last days in Thailand. It was amaazing!!! I was in a city called Chiang Mai, in the north of the country. Of course people were very very nice there! It is a very relaxing city, where nobody is in a hurry...rememberd me of Uruguay :-) We (me and two girls from England and France i got to know in the bus to chaing mai) stayed in a hostel called Julie's- the best place ive stayed in my hole trip: relaxed hostel with charming atmosphere and a lot of communal space to chill out!! We got to know lots af people from all over the world (also the Prince of Ethiopia was staying there!) and we hang around with them every day. But as it was too quiet in the city me and two girls decided to go for an adventure...and we were riding Elephants! It was so great, the thai Elephants are not as big as the african ones and they seemd to be very smart. We also could feed them and touch them..jeje...very strange feeling!
We also went to a nice waterfall (take a look at the picture of me jumping!) and trekking.
Chaing Mais highlight was the night watching Thai-Boxing! Im not a big fan of this kind of fighting sports but it was great! Before starting a fight the boxers do a kind of ritual, where they dance to live music all over the boxing ring making strange movements...ant then the musicians change to a fast rythm and the boxers start fighting!! Of course after the fight we went to talk to some of the boxers, they couldnt speak english but we took pictures with them!
As i already told u, im in Laos right now and the whole country is celebrating the buddhist new year! Ill be writing about that in a few days...
Hasta prontitooooo!!!! ;-)




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



15th April 2007

wow
im speechless!
17th April 2007

colomacapendo
"colosal-macanudo y estupendo" como se decia en mi epoca! Maiu como te dije acà, sòlo te podès arrepentir de lo que no hiciste. Que envidiable viaje y que tremenda suerte te tocò en todas partes. Me alegro pilones por ti. Que sigas bien y disfrutando, cuidate mucho. Preciosas las fotos y divinos tus comentarios, Me hiciste recordar cuando estuve por esos paises hace ya tantos años. Beso grande de la maaa de Graciela
22nd April 2007

wooow
Eres lo maximo! esas aventuras ! y las fotos en elefante! no imaginas como disfrute tus historietas y verte tan bien, estas hermosa, te quiero mucho prima viajera!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb