Hot in the North


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 29th 2007
Published: March 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jewlery schoolJewlery schoolJewlery school

"A" get to work!
Well with no ocean to jump in to cool off we arived in Chaing Mai with a boaring 4 hour lay over in Bangkok. The air here is hot and smokey as they burn off all the rice husks this time of year so its grey and overcast almost all the time. IT was around 42C today...The only place to relieve yourself from the heat is Aircon Internet cafe, Resturaunts or the old scummy moat that runs around the old part of the city.. We choose option A. We took a 1 day jewelery making course it was fun but to much like being at work. I made a ring and "A" made a pendant. The night market here is retarded how huge it is, mile after mile of nick nacks for sale on about 25 streets. Tonight we are going to see Muay thai boxing match.Tomorrow we are going on an Elephant/bamboo raft ride day.. atleast the river will be nice and refreshing. The city has a city feel with the grime and black feet to go with it. It has some neet Wats. A pretty laid back atmosphere and the cool scummy moat.
In a few days were
BLING!BLING!BLING!

Master craftsmen or what?
are headed to the Loas boarder to cross and take the boat down the Meakong River and cross back into Thailand after 4-5 days in Loas. Were trying to see asmuch as we can as we can start feelig the holiday comming to an end faster than we would like, but we are feeling a little homesick and missing everyone back in Canada.

Love A and Ray


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Steel seat anyone?Steel seat anyone?
Steel seat anyone?

Elephant ride is so comphy >.>
Banana!Banana!
Banana!

Banana, Banana, 1 more, 1 more!
Nice cool dipNice cool dip
Nice cool dip

A good way to clean off after having a Elephant sneeze on you
"A" and the brits"A" and the brits
"A" and the brits

Bamboo raft. wet, wild, and a little crazy


2nd April 2007

Great Trip
It looks like you guys are having a great time and seeing a lot of sites. Rie says it brings back memories when she visited years ago. Have a great time!!! See you when you get back :)

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb