Travels Begin - Trekking


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 18th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived back yesterday after 3 days/2 nights of trekking which was my first chance of doing something that i really enjoy, the trip also included a elephant ride and rafting. The first day of the trekk was a lil shite due to the scenery not being very good at all. I think the land we trekked through had maybe once been used for slash and burn farming since it didnt have much of a wild feel to it. Lucky I was with a pretty good group, which mainly consisted of peeps from Australia who are always fun and up for a few drinks. Actually a few drinks turned into a shit load over the next two nights, which is not wise because it is about the worst place ever to have a hang over whilst trekking due to the heat meaning you never catch up on lost water, but the Australians like to drink and I cant help but to just tag along.

The first day of trekking we were in a big group which then split up since most of them were doing a 2 day trekk. These people would have been gutted if they had realised
how amazing the second day was. The scenery was amazing and grew alot more wild with waterfalls every where so we stopped off regular to swim. The photos just dont do this place justice and it is some of the most amazing sites I have ever seen.

The third day was spent rafting and elephant riding. The elephant riding was ok and something you have to do once for novalety reasons, but I wouldn't do it twice. The elephants look extremely unhappy and depressed which isn't a enjoyable thing to see. The rafting though was a right laugh. There was loads of people on the water and loads local people sitting at the sides of the river for the whole stretch swimming and stuff. I must have fell in the water a good 10 times from bumping into other people and rocks and stuff. Plus you had loads of people in the water splashing you and trying to tip your raft over.

On the night i got back from trekking (last night) I went out for a drink and some food with the people from off my trekk and our tour guide.



(Got loads more photos but the computer is running slow so i can't be bothered to wait I will stick them in my next blog.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Local guyLocal guy
Local guy

Me and some local guy who had been showing us all magic tricks the night before.
Magic Man - first village we stopped at.Magic Man - first village we stopped at.
Magic Man - first village we stopped at.

The Thai man lived at the village and had shown us loads of magic tricks the night before.
Tonights Dinner.Tonights Dinner.
Tonights Dinner.

Ant eggs, didnt really taste of much but poped weird in your mouth.
Dinner is served. Dinner is served.
Dinner is served.

Ant egg salad with loads of chillies tasted suprisingly good.
Cobra. Cobra.
Cobra.

A rare but scary find.
Hill tribe SchoolHill tribe School
Hill tribe School

Craig giving the kids some sweets at a hill tribe we stopped at.
CobraCobra
Cobra

Tan shit himself when he saw this.
CobraCobra
Cobra

Turns out it was dead, and with Assuies being Assuies Craig just couldnt help himself.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb