Day 13: Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 3rd 2018
Published: April 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Like most travellers I’ve blown a third of my budget in the first 2 weeks. We now buy beer cans from the 7/11 and refuse to pay 5 THB to use the toilet.
It’s our last day in northern Thailand so we wanted to do something great. We had the option of either hanging out at the Chiang Mai canyon or go to an insect museum. So what do we do? We go to the bloody insect museum. In our defence, there were thunderstorms forecast (which never happened) and it was ranked one of the top attractions in Chiang Mai. I have no idea why. There were at least a million different bugs in there and they were all huge and gross. We managed to enjoy ourselves with some immature humour though.
We went to the underground and overground night markets across the city. Chiang Mai is lit up with markets on a night, they’re practically everywhere. Thai artists paint on the street aswell, it’s so impressive.
We’re taking the night train to Bangkok on Tuesday to catch our flight to Hanoi on Wednesday. Northern Thailand has been an amazing experience but we’re so excited to see Vietnam.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb