Monday Jan. 22


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 25th 2018
Published: January 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Monday



After a nice relaxing weekend and a day of travel yesterday, we had the morning to chill. I slept in until 8, which was amazing. And then I caught up on some blogging (I’m behind again). We ate lunch and then attended a nursing conference. BCNC hosted several different schools including Payap (a small Christian school located in Chiang Mai), Chiang Mai University, and about 5 different branches of Boromarajonani (I’m getting the sense it’s like Penn state). The different students presented on non-communicable diseases in Thailand, many of them being stroke, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease. The students from Messiah talked about obesity in the U.S. After the conference was over, we took about 94 pictures with the different groups of students. We had dinner and then decided to go shopping at a market near Chiang Mai University. This market was more like a mall and was super crowded since their graduation was happening this week. Autumn and I found donuts so we immediately were drawn to them. They were not as good as Krispy Kreme and were not even a close second or third or fourth. They were salty and there was something obviously wrong. We headed back to the college full of sub par donuts and heard a knock on the door. It was Meji, Ohm, and Mean ready to play Uno (they LOVE uno)! We play where the loser has to do a dare so the dare was doing a dance and singing a song. Meji lost both times and did the chicken dance and sang Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. It was definitely one of my favorite moments on the trip by far. He is absolutely hilarious. The night ended with a group jam session to One Direction. It was a blast!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb