Never forget a day in Mae sa


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » San Kamphaeng
January 10th 2010
Published: January 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Egg and toast was for breakfast, a pretty good start to the day. Then we head to met our new found friend the Tuk Tuk lady (her actual name) and her little boy had come for todays adventure! We were off to Mae sa elephant camp. It was up in the mountains so the journey on the Tuk Tuk was pretty exciting. When we arrived we bought some banana's and began our ride through the jungle. The journey was a bit bumpy on the back of MAE MOO II, our 30 year old young lady! She was pretty friendly and loved the banana's but her Mahout who was sat on her head was a little crazy, and kept laughing and singing, all added to the fun of the journey. The best bit was bumbling through the river which was scary but great! After our ride we went for a look around the camp and when down to visit the nursery, we fed all the little baby elephants which were so cheeky and cute. After a very hot curry we went out to watch the elephants being bathed. It was a bit wet,but fun, and refreshing in the scorcing heat! Finally we went up to watch the show and the best certainly was left until last. There was football, painting and dancing. After the show and all the cheeky chapies did their bows they raced over for the bananas and sugar cane, we had some snaps and the elephants just grab you with their trunk.
Our Tuk Tuk lady waiting for us again drove us back to Chiang Mai. Where we went to the Sunday walking market and bought some bits and bobs then had some of the local cuisine there, crazy sausages! Certainly a competitor for favourite day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb