Open house - parents evening


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand
February 1st 2013
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

‘Open house’ or as us English like to call it.. parents evening! Apart from the fact that it’s not in the evening, not all that many parents came and they didn’t get to discuss their children’s progress with the school. Apart from that it was exactly the same.

So naturally all week lessons were disrupted, meaning there were no lessons all to prepare for open house which was actually a morning of shows from all the students. The day involved different shows from all of the students which they performed for their parents to watch.

After all of the opening speeches the show got underway with an Asean show where each year group did a traditional dance from each of the countries in South East Asia. Then the M1 students did a dance and said a thank you poem to their parents for everything they had done for them. The M2 students performed a science show and did a few experiments and then some of the M3 students did a few dances. I ended up getting dragged up to perform the ketchup song, very funny!

Then some of the parents asked questions about the academic year and upcoming things – not that I could understand a word of it as it was all in Thai – then another dance and it was time for lunch. The school had layed on a really nice lunch for all the teachers, parents and children and everyone watched a video about the school and then some of the students sung and played guitar.

After lunch two Korean exchange students played the keyboard and they were amazing, they are used to playing the piano but they were so good. I had never really heard anyone play music before but it was so good, two 13 and 14 year old brothers had the whole place loving it. The girls formed a fan club, it was so funny to watch.

Then the M4 students put on a show about lots of different fairytales including Cinderella and little red riding hood, it was really funny and had everyone laughing. This was followed by an equally funny performance by M5 who did an educational show teaching English but in a very funny way, they all did really well.

After more photos everyone trickled off home and the kids who were staying for the weekend were left to clear up the hall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb