Final steps in Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang
May 16th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Todays the final day of the trip and we've been sunning it up in Thailand on Koh Chang, an island near Cambodia for a couple of weeks. The original plan after Vietnam was to travel through Laos, and we even had flights booked for a final sojourn into Burma, but a million landslides and a visa rejection put paid to those ideas, which, to be honest, we're secretly happy about as it means we can just dump the bag and forget about everything

So we ended up flying from Hanoi to Bangkok, where we spent a few days enjoying the city, eating loads of pad thai, seeing a few sights, buying cheap clothes and drinking too much. Then a short bus journey took us to Kanchanaburi, site of the film "The Bridge over the River Kwai". We visited a couple of museums, saw the infamous Death Railway and went to the Tiger Temple, a monastry where they take in orphaned tigers and try to breed them to increase the population. We then headed to Koh Chang. We have actually splashed out a bit here - getting ourselves a nice hotel (with pool and air-con), and just generally being lazy. We've spent a lot of time on the beach and found a place that sells sausage chips and beans. What else could you ask for!!

Tonight we start a two day trip back to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok, and then the final flight back to England. We are both really looking forward to getting home and seeing everybody. It feels like we've been away forever.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



24th May 2011

YAY!!!!
Your home!!!!! Photos look fab!!!!!
24th May 2011

Last Blog
Hi Paul and Sarah - I'm so sad this is your last blog - your travels suddenly seems to have come an abrupt end. I've loved the photos and the insight into all the weird and wonderful places you've been. Wishing you a safe and quick trip back home - will keep up with you on FB. Have you mentally prepared yourselves for our boring work lives or are you going to escape again very soon??

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb