Bike ride, Zoo and market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
October 17th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had a quiet few days really at the end of this week.

On Thursday we just went for a three hour bike ride around the local area. It was really nice actually to get out and about and not be in the bus. It is very relaxing and it is all very flat around here so it wasn that difficult. We rode along one side of the river and then back along the other, and it wasn too sunny so we only melted a bit. In the afternoon we just relaxed back at the house and then to the bar at night.

On Friday we went to the local zoo and a hundred year old market. The zoo was okay but the animals were all in pretty small cages, not really what you want to see. I did hold a huge snake which weighed so much and some of the big cats were impressive but as I say they didn have a lot of room.
In the afternoon we headed to a huge market about an hour from the house and apparently it has been there for 100 years. It was good and had some very interesting food to buy, not that I tried any of it!

Today, Saturday, we went to a local boat race this morning just 20 walk from the house. Huge boats which hold about 35 people race in twos about 1 mile down the river to the bridge, and there were stalls and music, a little local festival which only happens once a year. This afternoon we just went to Singburi town, went to the pool and did a bit of shopping. Tomorrow we are going to a resort for a night which should be good, a bit if a change before we start teaching next week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb