Thailand - Lemon House


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

...so arrived at our accomodation, the Lemon house, about 3 hours north of Bangkok. I'm pretty surprised actually, it's pretty nice and Thailand is far more developed than I expected it would be in this more rural area. We have got proper beds, electricity, running water, TV, western toilets and have all of our meals cooked for us. Although all the food is veggie, which is pretty annoying, I try and have a much meat as I can when we go out! The programme is really well organised aswell. Oh and not forgeting the bar next door to us! Tho they only seem to open when they can be bothered!

When we arrived on the Sunday we got a welcome party put on by the local school children, they did dances for us and played drums. We have done loads this week, can't really remember what we did on monday! Think we went to some more temples in the morning, then did some really straight bracelet making in the afternoon. Tuesday we went to the old capital of Thailand, Attuyia, went to a museum, saw some more, really big, temples and some old ruins. Then in the afternoon went on an elephant ride round the town and then to the elephant sanctuary where they wash and look after the elephants. Elephants are realllllllly big. In the evening a we had a meal on a boat ride along the river, with a bit of karoke thrown into the mix for those brave enough. Wednesday morning we had thai lessons and a bit of thai culture like the do's and do not do's, which would have been helpful at the beginning really. You can't wear shoes in the temples and many other places and girls must cover up in the temples as to not turn the monks on! in the afternoon went to yet more temples, i think, all these temples seem to merge together. Then late afternoon a trip to the swimming pool in the local town in Sing Buri for some much needed cooling, then a thai style bbq, meat at last! This morning we went to visit the local school, it was ace, all the kids loved us, it was like being famous. we played with the little ones, they just jump all over you, it's pretty crazy. Then this avo had a thai cooking lesson, we weren't very good! Then into the town again this evening and here I am now!

I realise the above will be very boring to most people, it's more just for my record so I remember what I have done! But hopefully you enjoy it aswell. Running out of interweb now, until next time...

Advertisement



26th March 2009

Meat
The meat is probably dog Neil so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't get any!! Sounds like you are having a great time and seeing lots of temples!! Glad you've put Mum's mind at rest that you are well and havenot yet contracted Malaria. Have fun and I'll keep track of you on your blog. Karen xx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb