More days in Sing Buri


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
February 19th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys hows things going?

We're at the twin house at the moment, another eco home. We just discovered that they have two bars and internet and so many other good things and we're now v.upset!! We have one bar and the nearest internet is a 30minute walk away in the sweltering heat!!

Anyway enough complaining. We went out to a 'BBQ' restaurant yesterday after updating our blog which actually entailed a strange pot which you put the raw meat on. Not at all hygienic but nothing is here and a day later none of us our dead which is a good sign! We went back to the house and played half a game of monopoly before everyone got distracted by The Notebook, much to Sophie's distress so her and Charlene went back to the room to do their jounals and we all ended up talking untill the wee hours. Sophie is finally over her home sickness but The Notebook is just asking for tears!!-(not that i don't miss u all still!!)

Today was really chilled out day. We got up and went to the local school to do some teaching. Me, Flic and Grace all got shoved into a classroom in front of about 20 15year olds and left for an hour with no lesson plan and none of them spoke English. very awkward but was fun in the end though. We came down the stairs after and were greeted by kindergarten kids who wouldn't let us go. Between us we have broken about every rule in Buddhism and it was Sophie's turn to rub a childs head (Very naughty in Buddhism). Whoops!! Couldn't hep it though they were adorable!!


After we all chilled out in the room for a bit- far to hot to sit out in the sun, and then we did our Thai cooking lesson. we screwed up about every dish we made and ended up having KFC in the main town shortly afterwards. we went to the Twin House to meet them all at the bar and when we discovered they had internet we jumped on so we're sacrificing booze for this update!!

We've added some more pics to Graces Facebook but we have little time to tag them so have a go if you get a minute.

Me and Grace are doing well and it's hard to believe a week is up already. we're dreading the trek now as it's getting up to the high 30's and part of it involves walking up a waterfall. HELP!! We've planned our own excursion this weekend so we leave sat morning and get back sunday night. we'll update next week i suppose.

All our love, miss you all. Soph n Gracie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS SOPHIE OFFICIALLY HATES RICE!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb