first day in "brow" house


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After kicking up a fuss about being put in the wrong house, i was eventually moved to "brow" (brown) house as our guide, oliver calls it - yay! Unfortunately this good news came at a price- me not seeing a step in the dining room and stubbing my broken toe very, very hard. Everyone was screaming for oliver to get me some ice, as there was none in the fridge, and after 5 minutes of faffing around he emerged with tiger balm, which apparently, can mend anything! not so sure about broken bones though... he did finally bring me some ice though and i definitely paid for it the next day- could hardly walk, though now it is a lot better!
That evening some children from a local school came to welcome us to singburi- did a little dance and gave us wreaths of flowers which was quite nice, tho i was in too much pain to really appreciate it!
Next day we visited Ayutthaya, a small town with some pretty temples and old ruins of pagodas and things, nice but i couldnt really walk around them so spent a lot of the day seeking shade in the bus!
We did however have a lot of fun with elephants that day. First we visited a very touristy elephant place which none of us liked because the elephants were all cooped up and clearly treated quite badly, but later on we went to an elephant breeding sanctuary place where they were clearly better treated, and had a lot of fun playing with the babies and feeding them. Just as we were about to leave, one of the elephants decided it wanted to mount another one, and we got a very very full on show... The elephant, being rather well endowed, had a little trouble at first, and the keepers were there holding the woman still, trying to help.. but after about 3 attempts he was finally successful, and we all got to witness full on elephant sex, something i can safely say ive never seen before!
That evening (feeling rather scarred) we all met up with the other house for dinner, which was on a boat which cruised down the river. Was a very nice meal, accompanied by karaoke- including a very sweet but very bad rendition of "beautiful girls" from Oliver, our guide (who sounds like a 4 year old when he speaks, has a very strong thai accent, and is extremely camp!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb