One Crazy Ride!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Si Racha
February 20th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This weekend, we went and visited Ryan at his eco tourism internship at an elephant camp in Sri Racha. It's about an hour and a half from Bangkok. They picked us up near a tiger park and we took these motorcycle carriages where we needed to go! It was fun! When we got there, we went to a school that the company does outreach at. Ryan teaches English a few times a week there, and the kids LOVE him!!! They were really cute, we were a sight for them. After that, we rode to the elephant camp, and it actually RAINED! And it didn't just rain, it poured! It was so crazy! It was the first time it has rained since we got here. After the rain, we watched the elephant get a bath, and then we went for elephant rides! It was so much fun! The ride itself was crazy, the elephant's back kind of bounces you around everywhere. We rode though a rubber plantation, so that was really cool. Then we had a barbecue American style at the camp! It was so cute! They hung an American flag and made shish-kabobs that were so good! Then we had a campfire and played poker, it was a really good time. We slept in bamboo huts, and the elephant slept right outside our hut. Elephants (her name is Come Moon) actually only sleep 3 hours a night, so we heard her eating all night. The following day, we went to Ko Si Chang island off the coast of Sri Racha. We went to the beach for a bit, then we went to the King's palace, but we couldn't find it! The garden was huge and it was hot, and we had to go, so we just went back. Once there, we got dinner at the Pizza Company, which was really good, and then we headed back to Bangkok. It was a fun weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



7th March 2009

elephant farm??
I don't know if you or the elephant looks more embarrassed. Can't say I rode an elephant for college credit, but then again I went to Michigan. Really, it looks like alot of fun!!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb