Ko Samet - Day 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
February 21st 2006
Published: March 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After spending the last week or so reacquainting ourselves with the city, it was time to go to the beach! We got up early, took the BTS to the Eastern Bus Terminal, bought tickets, and about 3 hours later we were in Ban Phe. Took the boat to Ko Samet and walked to Jep’s Inn. Todd and I used to stay at Jep’s when we would go to Ko Samet the last time we lived in Bangkok, but we decided we will stay somewhere new to us the next time we go. In the last 6 years a lot of the island has stayed the same but it has obviously gone through a huge development boom. I guess development is nice but I think that it might be on the verge of being overdeveloped, which is surprising since the whole island is also a national park. We got settled, put on our bathing suits, and grabbed some lunch. Being on the beach is always such a treat, peaceful, the water, the sea breeze...what else can I say? We went for a long walk in the afternoon—made it to the first “sunset spot” on the west side of the island—high up on a cliff overlooking the water. Had dinner on the beach—grilled prawns and a bottle of Mekong. Shared a Sangsom Bucket (Thai rum and Coke) at Tuk’s.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb