Beach Week


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
October 27th 2007
Published: November 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Up fairly early on Sunday to do last minute packing for the beach and set off on a hot coach drive down south to Ko Samet. We were given lunch in a banana leaf which looked exciting... until you opened it and there were all sorts in there, everything from a lotus leaf to pork bits! So we were quite happy to stop off for some fast food. We reached the jetty a few hours later and lugged our bags onto the boat (which I mistakenly assumed would be something resembling a small ferry but was really a double decker boat with a few deck chairs!) for a twenty minute journey to the beach.

We had been a little spoilt for hotel rooms after the resort we were at on Friday night - for some reason I was hoping for a bath! We realised ours wasn't that bad after all, after seeing poor Claire and Em's which was like the tiny forgotten room of the resort! But we were twenty metres away from the sea so it can't be all bad. Jumped straight into the sea and had a lovely Sex on the Beach cocktail as the sun went down - absolute bliss after our jungle week! Although Jess dropped her drink in the water! Had a fab first meal of chicken fajitas and mashed potato (sounds strange, but anything other than rice was a taste sensation!!) and went to the bar at the end of the beach sample our first bucket of vodka redbull while we watched a really good one-man fire show! Literally playing with fire! (Just thought of that one!) Then we partied until the early hours in the club, which had a great

The rest of the week we spent chilling on the beach in the day time with the occasional massage and dip in the sea, and having drinks and dancing in the evening. Quite a difference to last week's experiences! It was quite a shock being so busy compared to the quiet Bubbles island I was used to last month! Thursday night we walked down a looong looong road in the dark to reach an indian restaurant which had tables set out at the end of the pier so it seemed like we were surrounded by water, so peaceful. Waited about two hours for the meal but was completely worth it, chicken tikka massala yum yum!

All of a sudden it was Friday, the last day! It was rainy for most of the day, but didn't stop us from swimming and having one final massage! That evening was the Full Moon Party - legendary parties (moreso on some of the other islands but this one was still good). As you'll see from the pictures, once we were given some glow-in-the-dark body paint there was no stopping us!

As you might guess we were feeling a LITTLE worse for wear Saturday morning (I'm sure those buckets were stronger than previous days!), which just happened the day we were leaving for Bangkok. After saying goodbye to the people who were going to another island, we had to lug our bags to the trucks. Once we reached the jetty we got all hot and bothered clambering over not one, but TWO boats to reach our boat! Collapsed into the deckchairs and thankfully was feeling better by the time we reached the mainland.

There we bid a sad farewell to the people who we staying on for the eight week programme, and set off on the long journey to Bangkok. Claire, Em and I ate some well deserved Pad Thai on Khao San Road once we'd checked into the Royal Hotel, and did a bit of shopping before heading back to watch films and order room service in their room! We were all partied out!

Advertisement



1st November 2007

Roughing it?!
"The rest of the week we spent chilling on the beach in the day time with the occasional massage and dip in the sea, and having drinks and dancing in the evening" WOW...what a hard life my little sis leads!! - M x
2nd November 2007

RE: Roughing it?!
Hey! We'd had a tough long week the previous week - rats?! And waterfalls?! And MUD! :)

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb