Fire throwing...its the new hair removal!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
October 21st 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post


This is going to be our last blog from Koh Chang, sad to say but there is sooooo much to see!! We are heading off tomorrow morning back to Bangkok, we are both praying that the bus surrvives this time. From Bangkok we have a vague idea of what we plan to do but you will hear/see that at a later date.

The past couple of days, well actually since we have been here we have literally kicked up our feet. Yesterday we visited Bang Bao, which is south of the Island. A small fishing town, literally is the longest peir the has all shops attached along the sides. Walking through the shops you remember from time to time that you are infact still in the sea, as between the shops you get a glimpse of the water and the fish swimming about. If these fish had any sense they would swim away as all the restaurants along the pier have tank after tank of fish to choose for your meal. Saw a few pools of crabs trying to climb out for their lives. When you get to the end of the peir you come to an opening where the boats dock and people fish. There is a massive lighthouse at the end which you get a great view of the town from.

We have noticed though, that this is in fact the most laid back area. We had lunch on a dock and spent 1hr waiting for our drinks, then realised that over here you need to ask twice for everything!!! The dogs seem much nicer there and well groomed compared to our mangey muts back on lonely beach.

We had a chilled out evening last night with the rest of the travellers (scott, carly, nadia, mellisa, carolyn) and then went to a bar on the beach and watched the fire show. These people literally have not hair on their bodies and it is clear to see why.

We have found a good system, we have made friends with the lizards, they now eat our mozzies, and then the cats eat the lizzards. It literally is the lion kings circle of life.

Any how we need to hit the beach for our last time for about a month. Hope you enjoy the pics!!!

Mickey glad to hear nothing has changed, mum glad to hear your sad enough to look forward to coming home to your internet and lacey glad to hear your still getting wasted every weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th October 2008

Patience?
Hey guys, Clever cat that!!! Though i think he missed the red 3 on black 4. Love the pix of him crashed out..............must have eaten to many lizzards.......te he. lol M xx

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb