Koh Chang Chillout..........


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
August 14th 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hey there!

We arrived on Koh Chang Island after a 5 hour bus journey from Bangkok, we had to take a ferry across which was about 20minutes. The view from the ferry was amazing, very lush green and surrounded by clear green water.

Our first stop was White Sands which is a bit touristy but the closest resort, we were really tired and needed to rest so we stayed there for 2 nights, it has a beautiful beach that goes on for miles!

We hired a moped the next day and had a good look around the Island, it is the best way to see all the beaches and unbelievable views, the Island is quite hilly so being on the moped was a real buzz and sometimes the bike struggled to make it up the hills which was fun!

We stopped off at a residential area which is being built at present and watched the most amazing sunset! The sky was orange and red and it was so peaceful. On our way back we stumbled across a bar on the beach which had dancers that perform tricks with fire, very cool and very skilful.

The next day we packed our bags and headed off to Bailan which is further up the Island, this was a great place to chill out and go swimming and snorkelling, bliss……..We decided to hire a moped most days which only cost about £3 a day so cheap! On the bike we discovered loads of beaches, lush jungles and various great places to eat, one of them which was Buddha View where we had the most gorgeous fish called a Groper freshly caught that day, delicious!

After out stint in Bailan we took off and stayed in place called Bang Bao, a beautiful scenic fishing village with a wooden pier at the far end of Koh Chang, we stayed in some basic wooden huts on the top of some cliffs and the view was beautiful and the area excellent for fishing and snorkelling. The owners were really nice and we all got on well, they had 3 dogs 2 cats and an amazing chill out area where you can watch the sunset, eat and lie around in hammocks all day, lovely! Craig caught some big fish on the rocks and the owners cooked them for us which was really sweet.

Our current location is Nature Beach which is very laid back and full of backpackers with a nice vibe, the beach is lovely and the water is so warm and calm, we are chilling out here for a couple of days until we go to Cambodia on the 6th September.

With love,

Caz and Craig xxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb