Short stop in Ayutthaya


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
December 21st 2010
Published: January 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In the early morning of the 21st of December we arrived in Ayutthaya by train.

The city was quiet and only a few tuk-tuk and motorbikes were on the street. Being a little drowsy, our first wish was to find a nice guesthouse where we could stay the night. We were looking for a tuk-tuk and found a "BMW"-tuk-tuk immediately. The driver looked drowsy, too. Nevertheless, we jumped on the tuk-tuk to a guesthouse a Polish old lady recommended to us and shared the tuk-tuk with her.
The guesthouse was not close to the center so we decided to go to another place. We thought that the driver understood everything, but then we found ourselves in front of a guesthouse we didn’t want to go to. We tried to explain our wish to the drive, but he didn't want to driver us any longer. He wanted his money...we didn't want to give him any...so a little "fight"started...at the end we gave him the half price (50 cent). 😉))

Our backpacks became heavy on our shoulders because we decided to walk around Ayutthaya to find a nice place to stay instead of taking another tuk-tuk. It was really early so most guesthouses weren’t open. We decided to stop searching and get some breakfast. After breakfast Thomas looked for available rooms again without backpack and found a nice place, called Baan Lotus Guesthouse.

After a shower, we urgently needed 😉) we rent some bicycles and cycled around the city. We saw a lot of old temples while cycling about 10km. The whole city is full of these temples. The tour was quite hard, because it was really hot...So we got back for lunch and cold drinks to the center...then started again for some more temples and the sunset.

In the evening we enjoyed food & good beer and were glad to go to bed early.

The next morning we woke up very early. We didn't want to but the train to Bangkok left at around 7am. We packed our backpacks and went to the train station. There we bought 3rd class tickets for less than 50 cent! After 2 hours we arrived in Bangkok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb