I'm pregnant!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
August 27th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just kidding, that would be immaculate conception.

BUT i did have an unintentional ultrasound....on my face.

I went into a local beauty parlor for what I thought after a normal series of grunts and hand gestures was agreed on to be a facial. What followed was not exactly what I had in mind. The treatment started off with a washing then she took out a contraption that turned out to be a mini hoover vacuum and suctioned my face. It brought me right back to being 5 years old and taking the extension off the vacuum and sticking it on my cheeks. Hopefully everyone went through this experimental stage and i'm not revealing anything weird. I remember really liking it.

After that (awesome) part, there was some more random washing then out all the sudden i feel a cold goo on my face... sticky cold ultrasound goo. Sure enough, out it came and she ultrasounded my face for about 20 minutes. I have no idea if i'm not going to have acne anymore or if I found out my cheeks are having twins.

Total non-sequitor about Playboy:

So in an umpteenth example of the strange contradictory culture of Thailand, i've realized that they are OBSESSED with the Playboy bunny here. I first noticed it when they put a sticker decal of the bunny on the basket of the bike I bought. Slowly i've started to see the bunny everywhere. Every other car has a decal, Playboy bunny shirts are everywhere, and the other day I noticed that my boss' jeans were lined on the bottom with the bunny print on the fabric. She is a 60 year old married woman.

I'm guessing they just like the symbol and are oblivious to what it stands for. Overall strange coming from a place that doesn't allow cigarettes, not to mention porn magazines, shown in any convenience stores.

Advertisement



27th August 2007

Pregnancy Jokes are not funny
Pregnancy is a beautiful thing Every pregnancy is a miracle do not joke about it Thailand is a beautiful place Chistine Pregnancy exposed.com pregnancy book
29th August 2007

General Junk
Amy, You rock! I love to read the adventures your having. Keep being young and having fun.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb