holidays in Taiwan


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei » Ximending
April 23rd 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I have finally been able to get round more of this island and have been overwhelmed by the rich mix of destinations. From the breathtaking Toroko Gauge to the tranquil Sun Moon Lake. The Hectic ciities of Kaohsiung & Taichung to the chilled sun dreanched beaches of Kenting.

The beaches were amazing. Clear blue waters, clean beaches and safe seas with plenty of fish to swim with and chase. Bars a plenty kept the lazy sea side atmosphere going well into to the night and as with everywhere i've been in Taiwan the people have been as warm as the weather and friendlier than anywhere I've known.

Taichung and Kaoshung were really laid back, clean and more relaxed than Taipei. The slower pace of life was great for a holiday mood. Unlike tapei there was cafe culture more akin to Europe and it seems as tho more of an effort had been made to make the ciities parks and river sides a place for hanging out and spending time at. In Taipei the river is pretty minging with little parkways and no cafe culture. Instead only concrete highways and stray dogs walk the river banks.

Some of the roads getting down to toroko were pretty crazy. Highway 8 had slid away on many of its corners making the road more like a roller coaster ride but allowed for some great photos.

... to be continued .....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb