Ice cold!


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Hualien » Hualien City
March 16th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When we woke up we decided to go to the hot springs that were "nearby". We took Eva's moped and had to ride through the freezing cold. Really it wasn't that cold, but the wind made it miserable. By the time we got there, 2 hours later and after a few stops for directions, I could barely walk. There are two hot springs places and we went to the first one we saw, Hoya Hot Springs. They have two buildings across the road from each other, one is a hotel, and one has the hot spring pools. We quickly changed and got in the cooler of the pools -- we couldn't bear to stick our icicle-like toes and fingers in the hot ones. So after we warmed up a bit we played around with all the normal gadgets they have there -- mostly massage oriented -- and left around 4:30. So now my hair is sticky and tangled, even after multiple washings. Sigh.

We made it back a little bit faster and ended up in Hualien City's downtown instead of the place we wanted to go...no idea how we did that, but it worked out because then we could go to A-Mart, a big Target/Wal-Mart-like store. We had planned on cooking dinner for the girls, but when we got back we found out that Pei had to work. Boo. So tomorrow we'll cook again for both of them instead of just Eva.

Eva doesn't have class tomorrow so she's coming with us to Taruko National Park! Should be fun!

Technical details
- Hoya Hot Springs admission: Outside - 200 per person, Private bath - 300

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb