A month in sunny Sri Lanka to round off our South East Asian adventures


Advertisement
Asia » Sri Lanka
May 13th 2015
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a long day of waiting around in Bangkok and the airport, we finally boarded our middle of the night flight to Sri Lanka. Despite boarding the plane at an hour when we felt we should be soundly tucked up in bed, we really enjoyed our Thai Airways flight to Colombo as they served up one of the tastiest in flight meals either of us could remember having and were so polite and smiley. Liz also a... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




26th June 2015
Fishing boat in Negombo

A great ending!
Great way to end--friendly people and curries, bits of history and beach, and fine relaxing before going home and visiting all your friends. A great, exotic ending.
28th June 2015
Fishing boat in Negombo

Thanks Tara, we loved Sri Lanka. It was a wonderfully different and vibrant end.
28th June 2015

Have train will travel
What a great way to travel. You know you're gonna get there but no idea who or what you'll meet on the way. Enjoy SL.
28th June 2015

We loved our train travels in Sri Lanka. We were almost the only people on this train as there was a much more straight forward bus option available, but the train was much more relaxing and so much nicer. One of the highlights of our time in Sri Lanka has been hanging out of train windows watching the scenery go by and keeping an eye out for wild elephants. Very different to train travel in the UK!
29th June 2015

Hoppers!
You certainly saw a lot of the island in your time in SL. I was born in Kandy but don't have many memories of it apart from the immediate surrounds of our house. I loved that you tried the traditional breakfasts. Egg hoppers with chicken curry and coconut sambal is my all time favourite Sri Lankan meal, but I don't think I could have it for breakfast :)
23rd July 2015

Spicy breakfasts
We only spent one night in Kandy as we sort of ran out of time, but what we saw of it was good. Really pretty setting around the lake or "tank" as they seemed to be called in Sri Lanka. I have to admit though we struggled a bit with the spicy breakfasts and on many days tried to find sweet "short eats" from local bakeries served with very milky coffee, which were very tasty. :-)
23rd July 2015
Fishing boat in Negombo

Catching up
Good to read your blogs again. Great photo. Great blog.
23rd July 2015
Fishing boat in Negombo

Thanks!
It's great to know people actually read our blogs (particularly people outside our immediate families!). We're just planning our next trip - overland to China. Should be an adventure! :-)

Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb