Elephants, Monkeys and a huge rock


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have now left the Colombo district as the tour has started. Our tour guide is Aloy, a lovely man who seems to know everything about Sri Lanka. Our first stop was to visit the elephant orphanage It's a great facility that looks after around 100 elephants. One is blind and another has one gammy foot from a rogue bomb from years ago. We saw them being fed then going for a swim, of sorts.

So that was Wedneday's highlight. Today we are staying in the same region and after an architectural tour this morning of teh old capital at Poolanawura we had the "pleasure" of climbing a big rock at Sigiraya, see photo. Glad to say we managed it fine, though it was hot, we ar ein the dru zone of SL, it was cloudy and breezy. So tonight we have a nice meal arranged with our group (8) and then tomorrow we go to Kandy.

We are trying tokeep up with hen tennis but it depends on when Murray etc is playing. 4 1/2 hours ahead is a bit of a pain to work out. Tne holiday is great so far and weather is hot but not too bad.

Anyway must go and sample some more beer.

PS. Don't seem to be able to upload any pics tonight, will edit entry in next couple of days.

Photos now added


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb