Last Day in Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
January 22nd 2006
Published: February 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our Last Day in Sri Lanka
Our bus took us on our way to the Ranweli Resort and our final day in Sri Lanka. This day was a microcosm or our trip. The morning started with a ceremonial lighting of the brass lamp to drive out darkness and ignorance. This was followed by lectures on Eco-tourism and Sri Lanka's environmental future. We then had a tour of the grounds and a nature walk by one of the guides. Lunch was a large buffet in an open air restaurant next to the pool. After lunch we bought a few last minute gifts and then headed for a boat tour to do a little bird watching. We figured it might last a half-hour. To our surprise and delight it was over two hours long. Our motor boat cruised along the river's edge. Our guide knew all the birds and how to help us spot them. All-in-all we spotted 24 species of birds and had nice long views of most of them. The boat pulled ashore and we walked over the sandbar to watch our final sunset.

After dinner, we took our final bus ride to the airport. We said good-bye to Adele and the bus driver and headed into the airport and a long trip home.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb