24 days in Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Colombo
March 10th 2016
Published: March 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Pettah Market, ColomboPettah Market, ColomboPettah Market, Colombo

Kid Creole and his coconuts
Colombo : airbnb - Ocean View Suite £24 p/n. Breakfast available

?We enjoyed our time in the apartment. It was tricky for our airport taxi to find but following instructions from Sashee to turn directly into the lane after the Colpetty MacDonald and continue down to the apartment block it should be no problem. I could easily identify the apartment from the road as I had Google mapped it previously.

?As a starting base I felt the apartment was a good central point, Tuktuk rides by the meter were very cheap. Without the meter the price was silly so be strict and confident and only take one you are happy with. Tuktuk drivers have there own territory and there is a guy running outside the apartment who is good enough.

?Having the use of the sitting room, laundry, kitchen and balcony means that the room is only for sleeping which is fine. We just used the ceiling fan and the open window made the room cool at night. ?We enjoyed watching the trains go past and if they are noisy don't worry as they don't run early or late at night. Anyway it's Colombo so get into the vibe.

?We had breakfast muffins from Maccy D's which was easy for us. We joined and swam at the Colombo Swimming Club after much paperwork to make it possible.

?Pettah market was excellent and we visited the temples to escape the midday heat.

?We found and watched a cricket match by dodging through a hole in the wall, this was a great find and the players were super skilful.

?Overall I liked the apartment, it was pretty cheap and gave us a bit of space to relax without having to chat or be nice to hotel staff ?. I was a bit sorry to leave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Pettah Market, ColomboPettah Market, Colombo
Pettah Market, Colombo

Candy coloured worship
Pettah Market, ColomboPettah Market, Colombo
Pettah Market, Colombo

Karaoke sales it all
ColomboColombo
Colombo

Ocean View suite
ColomboColombo
Colombo

New Temple
ColomboColombo
Colombo

New Temple
ColomboColombo
Colombo

Old Temple
ColombiColombi
Colombi

Old Temple
ColomboColombo
Colombo

Old Temple
ColomboColombo
Colombo

Old Temple, huge statue
Colombo Colombo
Colombo

Cricket
ColomboColombo
Colombo

Fort Railway
Colombo Swimming ClubColombo Swimming Club
Colombo Swimming Club

Staying cool in 100' pool, check out the rooms.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb