Sri Lanka - The Golden Beaches of Mirissa


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province
January 29th 2014
Published: January 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I decided to take a drive down south for a couple of days, past the famous beaches of Bentota, Hikkaduwa, Unawatuna, Welimada, Matara, Dickwella, Tangale ...etc and check-out the beaches in Mirissa which i have heard so much about. I wanted to leave BUSY Colombo early in the morning so i could avoid the morning rush hour and take the newly built highway so i could hit Matara as early as i could. Plus, i wanted to avoid the cops/traffic police. By 6:45am, i was already in Galle. From here on, it was an interesting drive as i was no on the main road. I had to concentrate more whilst driving so i did not hit anything on the road. I was not just referring to vehicles but s. I past some interesting fruit stalls along the way and i thought i had to stop at at least one to see what they had. Water Melon, Bananas, Sour Sap, Mangoes, Sweet Corn, Wood Apple, Pinneapple ...etc. on To my surpise, it was much more than i expected. Simmilar to Unawatuna with it's bay area, the beach lights up in the night with a beautiful atmosphere as all the hotels and restaurants have the dinning close to the beach. Wow! If you go further down south towards Kalamatiya, they have the bird sanctuary with it's Mangove Lagoons which eventually comes and meets the sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb