Adams Peak and Worlds end


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Ella
December 31st 2007
Published: December 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, happy new year to the Harding Clan (thankyou for our message), the Todd clan and all our other friends 😊 Well we have had a few adevnture since I last wrote. We have been all the way up Adams Peak and to Worlds end and are now in the lovely sleepy village of Ella (ella, ella, under my umbrella, ella, ella 😊) and still aching. Adams peak was fantastic and well worth the getting up at 1.30 to leave at 2 to reach the top for sunrise. Anyone who is going to do it make sure you pack lots of extra layers and socks as it is freezing at the top waiting for the sunrise. We managed to do the 4800 steps in 3 hours which we were quite pleased with. The sunrise was absolutely beautiful and there was such a feeling of peace and comeradery between everyone at the top, it was really fantastic. We even had a few chinese monks join us to seranade the new day with some chanting, very atmospheric. when we got down we had a slap up breakfast at the green house (the best place to stay in Dalhousie) and then made our way to Nawera Eliya. Another early morning then, 5 am. TO travel to Horton Plains to visit Worlds end, where the Hill country meets the low lands, again a fantastic view. Not for the faint hearted though, scrambling over rocks near the edge had my heart in my mouth a few times. It was worth it though, and so much for the 2-3 hour stroll described in the guidebooks, more like an adventure walk, over rocks through streams and down river beds, make sure you take your walking shoes (not sandals, like some of us 😊) After all that walking we couldn't wait to get to Ella, and eventually made it here at 7 last night. We've found a lovely place to stay and spent our real first morning enjoying the sun without anything else to do, fantastic. Hopefully going to spend tonight with some people from the guesthouse next door, some of whom we met in Kandy, its a small world.
Hope everyone is well, will write soon

Gemma

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb