Jean Claude van Dambulla its fine


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Dambulla
April 1st 2013
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The fool of April arrived early on 31 march, we arrived at Thilanka resort and spa only to be told that we had no reservation. Aaaaarrrrggghhh.

Grandad to the rescue





Not all was lost as grandad sorted it out, and before long we had been given our 2 rooms at the resort and to cap it all upgraded for the rest of the stay in their 5 star Green Paradise hotel. Result!

So, in Thilanka we sat around the pool and had a very relaxing day (31 March), the food was fantastic with plenty of variety. But this was only a taster to what was waiting for us at the Green Paradise.

We woke up on April 1st to a very beautiful warm day. We went for breakfast early as we were of to see the Golden temple,

It was only a 20 min drive, and we were taken by our driver we have for the next 5 days.

We had to walk up the hill to the caves where the buddha was. On the way up we saw a lot of monkeys all cleaning themselves in the very hot sun. At the top there was a number of caves with many carvings of the Buddha. Some sat and some laid down.

We spent a couple of hours at the Golden Temple seeing the carvings and visiting the museum.

We returned to our hotel to pack ready to be taken to our new hotel for the next 2 nights.

Goodbye Thilanka resort and Hello Green Paradise




We arrived at the Green Paradise to be greeted by an amazing hotel, this upgrading lark is great! The hotel was only 8 months old and was designed with an Italian influence. The staff were very friendly and helped us above and beyond. The food and atmosphere were outstanding, a very high standard of both a European taste as well as a Sri Lankan menu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



1st April 2013

Your new hotel looks amazing ! Jealous is not the word ! -2 tonight brrrrrrrrr!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb