Off to the Alley


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Yongin
January 3rd 2012
Published: January 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cheers!Cheers!Cheers!

BJ lifts up the giant king pitcher of beer at Alley Pub
After our first week of teaching (before the weekly debates), most of us teachers decided to celebrate with a visit to the Alley Pub, a pub just off campus. To get into the town, you have to go down this big hill. I'm going to have amazing calves by the end of camp at this rate. I had a nostalgic moment when we were given a plate of peanuts at our table soon after we arrived. I haven't seen peanuts at a Canadian bar in years because of allergy sensitivities. We also received these sugary sticks. I later learned that they are deep fried spaghetti noodles coated in sugar. They're certainly different from anything I've ever tried before, but they were pretty tasty.

We tried the local beer, Cass, which is a nice light beer. I haven't quite figured out what it best compares to back home, but it's quite good. A "king pitcher" (about 3L) was 12,000₩. We also tried something called a soju cocktail. Soju is a rice wine that tastes like diluted vodka. We tried the kiwi and wildberry flavours. A pitcher of that (maybe 1.5L) was 8,000₩. Definitely reasonable.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb