BECOMING ACCUSTOMED


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
September 12th 2015
Published: September 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Blog round number two has arrived! Since the last blog post we’ve started at the Sungkyunkwan University and settled down in this crazy city. To save you guys lots of reading we decided to upload a little less text and a lot more photos this time. We were overwhelmed by all the positive messages we received from you all, so thank you so much for that!




For two weeks now we have been going to classes at the university, which mainly consisted of introduction classes and talking about the subjects to be discussed this semester. We will be taking the following six courses for 16 weeks in total: Economics in Global Environment, Management Information Process, Understanding Asian Culture, Financial Markets in Korea, Marketing Management and Organizational Theory.




Most professors are from Korean origin, but have studied in America and love to talk about everything which comes from Korean grounds. The companies Samsung, Hyundai and LG mean everything to the people, as many believe that these companies are mainly responsible for the general welfare in Korea at the moment. Except from the Organizational Theory class the classes consists of exchange students only from all over the world. In the Organizational Theory class we are, together with two other exchange students, the only foreigners in a class of approximately 50 Korean students. Only a handful actually dares to speak up during class discussions, but most of them are too shy or afraid to speak English in public… In a couple of weeks we will have group presentations in front of the class and we are really looking forward to the fact that we will be watching tons of nervous Koreans presenting something they probably know way better than we do, but simply do not dare to tell out loud. Anyways, school is still quiet so far, which means lots of free time!



In the meanwhile we have visited lots of places, like enormous shopping malls, the major river of Seoul called the Han River, have been eating way too spicy food, standing too often in too crowded subways during rush hour, sweating like pigs because it is still 30 degrees here during the day and 20/25 at night, joined the university football team of SKKU (the first foreign players since a year), conquered mountains at Bukhansan National Park and visited the football game between FC Seoul and Pohang last week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb