Too much stuff, so little time.


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
July 24th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I've done most of the obligatory touristy things now, went to Gongbukgung Palace which was beautiful. There was a nice contemporary art gallery next to it which had this American art exhibition on. Very good. We went to the cultural centre which had lots of interactive exhibits on about various past leaders of Korea. Also very good. Then...

WE WENT TO SEOUL ZOO.

It was pretty quiet (probably because of the MONSOON) but we braved it out, and there were spurts of sunshine every now and again so it wasn't so bad. I wouldn't recommend the sky lift if you're on a budget. We saved quite a lot by just walking to the top. Plus you want to stop and take pictures right? The whole day cost me well under 10,000W which is amazing (about £5.80?) and this included the dolphon/sea lion show. This is pretty easy to get to, just get off at Seoul grand park on line 2 (convenient for us as it's quite near uni).

We also went to a prison museum that housed Korean activists in the colonial times. I can't remember the subway stop or the exact name but if you google seoul prison? I think it'll come up. It was horrible and fascinating and well worth a look. Plus there is a great eatery next to the subway stop where you can point and pay very easily! I'm relying way too much on Korean speakers and my goal for this week is to learn a bit more korean. Especially food names!

Then the baseball. Well worth a go if you want to see crazy baseball fans. I've never been to one before so it was pretty exciting! It's at the sports complex subway stop. We got tickets for 8000W (£4.60) and there were pretty good seats - away from the sun and quite close to the pitch. We had to put plastic bags on our heads?? Apparently that's what the Lotte Giants fans do. So I guess when in Korea...

What else have I been doing... Well I guess the past few weeks we've just been browsing areas such as hongdae (at night) and Itaewon which is touristy and expensive, but very arty and quite cool. Near Hongik University it is very arty too. Only a week left of the programme... where did the time go??


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb