Week 2 of work.


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
October 19th 2005
Published: October 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Colin's studentsColin's studentsColin's students

Sally and Julia. They make up English names for us to use at the school.
In our second week we took our Kindergarden students on an excursion to a huge park where we took in an animal show with monkeys and seals doing tricks. Actually, it was quite sad how much the 'monkey show' mirrored our jobs as Kindergarden teachers.

The nightlife pics come from a Saturday night outing. We'll go on a sort of "Hoff" crawl trying to take in 4-5 different places in an evening. At each you order a beer...and a little food (ordering food is expected...a sort of cover charge). It's totally normal to see 6 or 7 bars/ hoffs/ "whiskeys" stacked one above the other within a single building. It makes for an impressive view from the outside as every place is lit up with tons of neon signage.

Subway ride to this particular area: 40 minutes
Beer: $2-$3 American
Individual sized Pizza: $9
Cab ride home: $12
Fish on a stick: Well....free actually.

colin



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

"Kristy Teachah""Kristy Teachah"
"Kristy Teachah"

Kristy is the tall one with the green backpack.
The Great South GateThe Great South Gate
The Great South Gate

This is designated as National Treasure #1.
NightlifeNightlife
Nightlife

This is a very typical shot of a hundred streets in a hundred different areas.
Mmmm fish on a stick.Mmmm fish on a stick.
Mmmm fish on a stick.

Yeah...this came with our beer. Its gound up fish meal.


19th October 2005

Move over, National Geographic!
Have you ever considered careers as photo journalists? ;)
19th October 2005

food
The food looks yummy.
21st October 2005

Teachah
Kristy, looks like you've got your hands full!
24th October 2005

Right on Cracker!!!!
You look right at home there girl!! Think you might change your career? Wow!! everything looks so colorful and the food looks great. Hope you remember how to prepare some of those dishes. (especially the ones with fish!!!)mmmmm beer and fish on a stick.
29th October 2005

I'm finally getting a chance to check your blog out. Pretty cool way to keep us up to date and for you to keep a journal! Holy people and buildings! Are you needing to get out of the city? Is that really possible or is it city after city?

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb