seoul!! the big city life!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
October 23rd 2007
Published: November 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey! So last weekend I went to Seoul - the big city and it was amazing!!
I caught a bus on Friday which takes 3 1/2 hours from Yeongju to Seoul, I arrived, and was surprised to find my self at a different bus stop to the one i expected!! but hey subways are great here and so cheap, most rides cost either 1000 or 1500 won (around £1) and easy to navigate!!
I headed to Mysadong to have a wander around the shops before it was time to go and meet John at the trainstation.
The shops are unbelievable, people outside stood on chairs in costumes to bring in the custom, streets bustling, it was great!
Once Id met John we headed to the market area - D, the market was great, you do have to avoid fast moving motor bikes in the tiny little alleys, but the bargains are good!! kinda search for you want but hey alls fun!!
managed to find a nice warm scarf and things so was a good find!!
we headed to find our hostel - really not a good place!! got bitten ...alot!! by mosys! and the motels are so easy and good price that next time we just gona search aroound!!
the area was great though, we were in insadong - the arts district, lots little tea houses and jazz bars, antiques and art so def try and get back around here again!
there were lots places to eat and we decided to take full advantage of being in a big city and escape korean food!! we had chinese, pizza and indian!! hehe!! was so good to taste lamb again i the indidan!! co that one meat they just dont seem to eat!!
Next day we headed to the temple, the one thing i find unbelievable is how the contrasts work in such a city, you can literally look over a road to see a flat screen huge tv for car drivers to watch while they drive around a pagoda! jus sta there, not protected not moved just literally in the middle fo the road while the cards fly by!! Then you turn towalk down the street to see the changing of the guard outside the palace, while the 'times square' like bill boards are flashing, it really is fascinationg! we headed to the main palace a complete peace haven in the city centre under the sky scrapers! inside the walls are 6 main palace buildings, a park way and lake villa - and once you step inside you cant believe your i none of the most high tech cities i nthe world!!
We decided we wanted to go to seoul tower to look over the city, so we took a cable car up and walked aroudn the top over looking the city, the views were fantastic, but a clearer day would give even better views! so definately going back there in the winter times now the skies are clearing!!
Headed for the english book shop in the evening to get some much needed teaching and reading amterial!! hehe!!
Next day we decided to go to Lotte world, a huge shopping centre come amusement park abut like trafford centre or merry hill in the uk but with an attatched theme park! Inside the building you have floating hot airballowns and carousels, ferris wheels, a huge ice rink, bowling centre etc,so we went bowling, and to watch rush hour 3 at the movies 😊 had some dinner before it was time to head back to the buses!! 😞
all in all had a great weekend in seoul, i really love it here! definately going to try and look for a job in a bigger city next year, far more life and more to do!
Anyways! how are you all?
Well i start english ccamp this weekend so no more weekend trips untill December now which sucks!! 😞
Hope to hear from you all soon!!
Miss you lots!

Hugs cer xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



5th November 2007

A definite on my visit list
Well I wanted to have some days in Seoul before you posted these pics, but now I definitely do!!! The markets look amazing - you will never get Dad out of them!!! Can we go see the Cheonggyecheon Stream too - apparently runs through middle of the city - looks brill. Only 6 weeks now ha ha!!!! Love the temple pics - you realise you will have to revisit that? xxxxx
5th November 2007

I wanna go to a Happy sale! Love the pics Cer, looks like I've always imagined a big Asian city to but didn't expect there would be such beautiful temples in amoung the skyscrapers! Korean costumes are great too - all those reds and yellows. So vibrant!
5th November 2007

MARKETS WITH FOOD FOR DA WHALE
hi ceri seoul looks brill very clean and exciting must be spice shops to stock you up market stalls look amazing full of colour can't wait for the smells in the markets. perhaps new year would be brill here luv da whale x x x

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb